Physical therapy or physiotherapy, is concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities, and the promotion of motility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention. Physiotherapy provides services that develop, maintain and restore people's maximum movement and functional ability. It can be used at any stage in life, when movement and function are threatened by ageing, injury, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.
Our physiotherapy department is located on the Ground Floor of the building.
Please call (868) 652-4958 and EXT #9402 for more information and appointments.
Patients must provide a referral from a Medical Doctor to the physiotherapists.
The types of physiotherapy treatments vary and depend on your particular muscular and skeletal conditions.
Types of Physiotherapy treatments and interventions available:
- Exercises and resistance training
- Gait Training
- Cold therapy or cryotherapy
- Heat therapy
- Hot packs
- Paraffin wax bath
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Lumbar (back) traction
- Cervical (neck) traction
- Electrotherapy (Electrical muscle stimulation, TENS, etc.)
- Repetitive strain injuries - Carpal Tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, De Quervains, tendonitis
- Paediatric physical therapy - Cerebral palsy, juvenile arthritis, torticollis
- POM Exercises
- Passive range of motion exercises (PROM)
- Active assisted range of motion exercises (AAROM)
- Active range of motion exercises (AROM)
- Soft Tissue Mobilisation
- Orthopedic conditions - back pain, scoliosis, neck pain, etc.
- Neurological conditions - stroke, etc.
- Post operation rehabilitation - Total hip/knee replacement